Due date does not get updated

I read that “Due Date” gets updated to new date if the ticket is pending with Requestor for some information to provide. However, when i test this, the Due date does not gets updated? Should we run any Scrip or rt-crontool to make this work? Pls help.

It sounds like you need to configure SLA. It was cored in 4.4, older versions it has to be installed as an extension:

https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.3/customizing/sla.html#Show-me-a-basic-config-that-simply-works

I don’t see full SLA documentation in the core docs, so the extension docs might still be useful even if you’re on 4.4:

Also, can you point us to what you were reading? After re-reading your post the info I just gave might be inaccurate, due dates are usually for ticket owners, its hard to set something due for a requestor unless they are also a privileged RT user. So I’m curious as to what you were reading.

Thanks Todd. Here is the Scenario…

Pre-requisite: A queue is created with SLA enabled with resolution of 1 day

1. Create a ticket by User A at 11:00 AM
  2. The ticket is picked by User B
  3. Now the Due date(For resolution) is set to 11:00 AM the next day
  4. Now Owner(User B) has requested for an information from Requestor(User A) by replying to the ticket.
  5. Owner(User B) took 5 Hours to provide the information

Expected Output:
The due date for the ticket has to be moved for 5 Hours. Correct?

Actual Output:
The due date for this ticket is still 11:00 AM the next day

Am I missing something here?

Hello,

If you talking about the Response parameter of 5 hours, keep in mind it sets Due time only when requestor replies, and unsets the Due (e.g sets to the Resolve time requirement) when owner replies