Disabling autoreply when creating ticket through web interface

Hi All,

I’ve had a request from my customer services team. On our system we create tickets two ways, one through email directly from customers and one where our customer service people create tickets in the customer’s name through the web interface.

Creation through email sends an autoreply to the requester, which is fine. So, however, does creation through the web interface, which is not. Ideally they’d like to be able to create a ticket through the web interface, setting the customers email address as the requester, and not have an autoreply sent out while still allowing autoreply for tickets created by email. Is this possible? It seems to me that there is no real difference between a ticket created by mail and a ticket created through the UI.

I suggested that they create the ticket in their own name and CC the customer, meaning the customer gets correspondence but doesn’t the autoreply. This was rejected as it’s a requirement that the customer’s email address appears in the “To” field, cc and bcc are not acceptable.

My current workaround is to get the CS people to create a ticket with themselves as a requester, ignore the autoreply, and then set the customer as requester in the UI - this works but is clunky. Anyone know a better way?

I was going to suggest this, its what I’d do. Is the clunky part that reps forget to add the customer as a requestor?

We solved this task with Custom Field, updating of default Autoreply scrip, defining the second autoreply scrip and a local template for the queue. The idea is that if Custom field ‘Origin’ is unset, use the default autoreply scrip and template. When is it set to ‘SelfQueue’ then use the modified autoreply. The updated default scrip condition is:

return 0 unless ($self->TransactionObj->Type eq “Create”);
return 1 if ($self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue(‘Origin’) ne “SelfQueue”);
return 0;

Then you need an opposite condition for the second scrip:

return 0 unless ($self->TransactionObj->Type eq “Create”);
return 1 if ($self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue(‘Origin’) eq “SelfQueue”);
return 0;

And the scrips have different templates based on your needs. First one can have the default template, the second one should have modified one. If you don’t need autoreply in the second case, you can avoid the second scrip and template.

Petr

BTW this stuff is maybe not necessary because the functionality is coded somehow to RTIR. It’s used for the communication with suppliers. But I haven’t examine how it really work yet cause we do not use RTIR.