CustomField that displays users

Is there a way to have a custom field be a pre-filled dropdown of all the current “privileged” users?

A subset would be even better - like members of a specific group or something unique in their user profile (like “extra info” = “QA Dept” or something).

Thanks!
Brent

Brent,

That’s what a “User-defined” Group is. It is a subset of Privileged users
that you put in as members.

I have some code that will put all members of a group into a Custom Field.

KennOn Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Brent Wiese bwiese@elementps.com wrote:

Is there a way to have a custom field be a pre-filled dropdown of all the
current “privileged” users?****

A subset would be even better – like members of a specific group or
something unique in their user profile (like “extra info” = “QA Dept” or
something).****

Thanks!****

Brent****

RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html)

• Boston — March 5 & 6, 2012

That’s what a “User-defined” Group is. It is a subset of Privileged users that you put in as members.

Yeah, I have those. Everyone I want to display is in a group I’ve defined, but I didn’t want to assume I could populate on groups.

That would be awesome if you could share. I was a little surprised I wasn’t able to find anyone asking about it via my searches. I would have thought it would be somewhat common.

Thanks!
Brent

That’s what a “User-defined” Group is. It is a subset of Privileged users that you put in as members.

Yeah, I have those. Everyone I want to display is in a group I’ve defined, but I didn’t want to assume I could populate on groups.

That would be awesome if you could share. I was a little surprised I wasn’t able to find anyone asking about it via my searches. I would have thought it would be somewhat common.

The example External Custom Field that ships with RT puts groups into
a CF, so you should be able to mod that easily to do privileged users.

/opt/rt4/docs/extending/external_custom_fields.pod

-kevin

The example External Custom Field that ships with RT puts groups into a CF, so you should be able to mod that easily to do privileged users.

/opt/rt4/docs/extending/external_custom_fields.pod

-kevin

Thanks! Slight modifications to the Groups.pm worked great…

Except for 1 thing. Once I make a CF source be my new module inside the CF, I can’t change it back to “Provide List…” It just goes back to CF display unchanged.

Is changing the CF data source a 1 way operation?

Except for 1 thing. Once I make a CF source be my new module inside the CF, I can’t change it back to “Provide List…” It just goes back to CF display unchanged.

No, it’s not. We had a bug and it has been fixed. Not sure in which
version it showed up, it may be still scheduled for upcoming release.

Best regards, Ruslan.

No, it’s not. We had a bug and it has been fixed. Not sure in which
version it showed up, it may be still scheduled for upcoming release.

I believe the branch is still unmerged because the author has a few
changes to make that were found while I was testing the proposed fix.
http://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=18274

-kevin