Custom Ticket Status and Timing

Good morning everybody,

I am trying to set up Request Tracker 4 and I have customized with business hours, sla and lifecycle. All I would you like to know if is it possibile to extract timestamp for my custom ticket status when the status has changed from a condition to another? For example: report how many hours the ticket as been in stall, or to store the date\time the ticket has been put in stall and then when it has been reopened. Obviously in my case, the stall condition, is a custom Ticket Status. The picture here attached will explain it better… highlighted you will find date\time datas I need.

[cid:image001.png@01CE2FB5.32A715C0]

I have checked out the DB but I cannot find any field that can be useful for this scope. Where I can find the highlighted field?

At the moment I am using RT 4.0.4.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Best regards,
Mirko

Mirko Spuntarelli | Area Tecnica

I am trying to set up Request Tracker 4 and I have customized with business hours, sla and
lifecycle. All I would you like to know if is it possibile to extract timestamp for my custom
ticket status when the status has changed from a condition to another? For example: report how
many hours the ticket as been in stall, or to store the date\time the ticket has been put in
stall and then when it has been reopened. Obviously in my case, the stall condition, is a
custom Ticket Status. The picture here attached will explain it better… highlighted you will
find date\time datas I need.

Those are Transactions of a Status type. You can iterate them with
perl code (in fact, someone earlier today posted loops for looking
through transactions during a debugging session) or you can go in the
DB if that’s easier to pull into an external reporting tool.

-kevin

Good evening,

I am sorry to resurrect this old message, but I have left the implementation apart to follow other tasks, but now I have to get back to RT in order to fix it.

I have fixed most of the “problem” now, but I always retrieve issue with the reporting phase to retrieve the date\time when the ticket has been put in “workinprogress” state (this is the custom status value). The DB has got a transaction table, and the transactions are store there. The issue is that I cannot find the datetime when the workinprogress status is reached in the DB. In which table I can found this data.

At least without scripting in perl (I am a beginner in this field, perhaps almost worse) perhaps I can fix using a join in the DB.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Mirko

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Kevin Falcone [mailto:falcone@bestpractical.com]
Inviato: martedì 2 aprile 2013 21:59
A: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Oggetto: Re: [rt-users] Custom Ticket Status and TimingOn Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 01:17:33PM +0000, Mirko Spuntarelli wrote:

I am trying to set up Request Tracker 4 and I have customized with business hours, sla and
lifecycle. All I would you like to know if is it possibile to extract timestamp for my custom
ticket status when the status has changed from a condition to another? For example: report how
many hours the ticket as been in stall, or to store the date\time the ticket has been put in
stall and then when it has been reopened. Obviously in my case, the stall condition, is a
custom Ticket Status. The picture here attached will explain it better… highlighted you will
find date\time datas I need.

Those are Transactions of a Status type. You can iterate them with perl code (in fact, someone earlier today posted loops for looking through transactions during a debugging session) or you can go in the DB if that’s easier to pull into an external reporting tool.

-kevin