Custom Field Entry in Self Serve

I apologize if this has been covered previously. I searched the wiki
and the mailing list and was unable to find a solution. I am running
RT3.4.5 via RPM (from the Wiki documentation). I have setup LDAP
authentication so my users can transparently login to the self-serve
page without having to setup accounts for each user. All has been
working great, until I added a custom field.

When a user creates a new ticket with a custom field value, they get
this in the Results field:

  • Ticket 13 created in queue ‘it’
  • Could not add new custom field value.
  • Could not add new custom field value.
  • Could not add new custom field value.

(once for each custom value attempted to be set).

I have given unprivileged and everyone full rights (ie, shotgun approach
to fixing a problem) and that still did not fix it.

Any ideas?

Stan Brinkerhoff wrote:

I apologize if this has been covered previously. I searched the wiki
and the mailing list and was unable to find a solution. I am running
RT3.4.5 via RPM (from the Wiki documentation). I have setup LDAP
authentication so my users can transparently login to the self-serve
page without having to setup accounts for each user. All has been
working great, until I added a custom field.

When a user creates a new ticket with a custom field value, they get
this in the Results field:

* Ticket 13 created in queue 'it'
* Could not add new custom field value.
* Could not add new custom field value.
* Could not add new custom field value.

(once for each custom value attempted to be set).

I have given unprivileged and everyone full rights (ie, shotgun
approach to fixing a problem) and that still did not fix it.

Any ideas?



http://lists.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

We’re hiring! Come hack Perl for Best Practical: http://bestpractical.com/about/jobs.html
Stan,

All Custom fields must also have rights assigned. Go to your Config 

tab, click on Custom fields, then select a custom field. If already
assigned to a Queue, you just click on Group Rights and then give the
right to see and modify the custom field. I’d reserve the Admin custom
field right for you administrator. But anyway, that must be done or
users won’t see the custom fields.

Kenn