Creating a new condition

I’m having trouble getting a new condition I created to work and I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direct. I’m trying to create condition like the On Resolve condition but with new status in a new lifecycle that I created. From what I read here, Customizing/Scrip conditions and action - RT 5.0.2 Documentation - Best Practical it sounds like all I need to do is put the name of the status I’m going to in the Parameters to Pass field. Originally the status had spaces but I’ve since taken them out and still not having any luck. Tried deleting the one I created and doing the copy condition using On Resolve condition and that didn’t seem to help either.

Does anyone have any ideas I can try? We are running 5.0.2.

Thanks in advance.
Bob

You want to use the “StatusChange” module!

That is what I used. I even tried changing the status to not have any spaces in it in case that was an issue.

And you’re using that in a scrip right? Might be worth ensuring you don’t have duplicate named conditions

This is the first custom condition we’ve tried to make and I don’t see any else named the same.
And I think I have it assigned to the scrip correctly. It shows it is used by scrip 28.

Thanks for looking at this with me. I just can’t figure out what I missed in setting it up. I even deleted part of and started over and that didn’t seem to help either.
Bob

That seems correct to me. My next thought would be, is there a requestor? Maybe switch the action to “user defined” and watch the logs for some output logging like:

action condition:

return 1;

action commit:

RT::Logger->error("I AM RUNNING");
return 1;

Thanks for the suggestion. I work with someone who has access to the logs and see what we can find.

We messed around with this again and got it to work so I thought I would share what we did.

It appears you can now specifically tell what the old and new status are by using old: or new: . So all I did was put new: if front of the status name and it appears to be working.

Thanks everyone.