Create ticket comment with attachment and set mime type

I have some code that has been working for the last few years on RT 4.0.8 and I’ve just installed 4.4.4 and am testing the upgrade. I notice that when my code runs and tries to create a ticket comment with an attachment (.tar.gz) on 4.0.8 it all works correctly but on 4.4.4 it creates the comment correctly and attaches the something.tar.gz file to it but it sets the content type to text/plain and then tries to display the binary data in the RT ticket. I’ve checked on 4.0.8 and the difference appears to be the display of the binary data happens in 4.4.4 but not in 4.0.8 even though both say text/plain. On 4.0.8 it displays “Message body is not shown because sender requested not to inline it.” and on 4.4.4. it displays a bunch of stuff in wingdings font.

How can I get it to set the mime type of the attachment to something like application/gzip?

# Now bits used to attach the logfile to the raised ticket
my $attachdata = "id: %s
Action: comment
Text: Asterisk Logfile for SIP account %s attached
Attachment: %s";
           if ($ticketid != 0)
              {
              $url = sprintf("%s/REST/1.0/ticket/%s/comment", $rturl, $ticketid);
              $data = sprintf($attachdata, $ticketid, $accountcode, "$accountcode-asterisk.log.gz");
              my $commentreq = POST "$url",
                          Content_Type => 'form-data',
                          Content => [ content => "$data", attachment_1 => [ "$tmpfn.gz" ],
                          referer => "$rturl";
              $response = $browser->request($commentreq);
              if ($response->is_success)
                 {

I tried adding various combinations of contenttype =>, ContentType =>, FileType =>, MimeType => inside the Content => portion of my POST but it seems to make zero difference.

Any and all pointers gratefully accepted!

Thanks

Trevor

I think this may be a bug in LWP::MediaTypes since I’ve now found a bypass for this which just involves renaming the file from nnnnnnn-asterisk.log.gz to nnnnnnn-asterisk.logextract.gz. AFAICS, if the characters .log appear in the last 2 portions of the filename, LWP::MediaTypes always says “text/plain”. With the file renamed it gets uploaded and attached to the ticket as application/octet-stream with no other changes required. That’s good enough for me to be going on with but if anyone cares to share how I really should set this via code then I’d still be interested to know.