Configure fastcgi with RT on RHEL 64-bit

Hi,

I’m trying to configure RT with fastcgi on a linux host running RHEL 4.0 Update 2 on a x86_64 server. During the make for fastcgi I get the following messages

[root@ewf05 mod_fastcgi-2.4.2]# make

/bin/sh /usr/lib64/apr/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc -pthread -O2 -g -pipe -m64 -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER -DSSL_EXPERIMENTAL_ENGINE -I/usr/include/pcre -I/usr/include/httpd -I/usr/include/apr-0 -I/usr/include/openssl -DAP_FNAME="mod_fastcgi.c" -prefer-pic -c mod_fastcgi.c && touch mod_fastcgi.slo

/bin/sh /usr/lib64/apr/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc -pthread -O2 -g -pipe -m64 -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER -DSSL_EXPERIMENTAL_ENGINE -I/usr/include/pcre -I/usr/include/httpd -I/usr/include/apr-0 -I/usr/include/openssl -DAP_FNAME="fcgi_pm.c" -prefer-pic -c fcgi_pm.c && touch fcgi_pm.slo

/bin/sh /usr/lib64/apr/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc -pthread -O2 -g -pipe -m64 -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER -DSSL_EXPERIMENTAL_ENGINE -I/usr/include/pcre -I/usr/include/httpd -I/usr/include/apr-0 -I/usr/include/openssl -DAP_FNAME="fcgi_util.c" -prefer-pic -c fcgi_util.c && touch fcgi_util.slo

/bin/sh /usr/lib64/apr/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc -pthread -O2 -g -pipe -m64 -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER -DSSL_EXPERIMENTAL_ENGINE -I/usr/include/pcre -I/usr/include/httpd -I/usr/include/apr-0 -I/usr/include/openssl -DAP_FNAME="fcgi_protocol.c" -prefer-pic -c fcgi_protocol.c && touch fcgi_protocol.slo

/bin/sh /usr/lib64/apr/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc -pthread -O2 -g -pipe -m64 -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER -DSSL_EXPERIMENTAL_ENGINE -I/usr/include/pcre -I/usr/include/httpd -I/usr/include/apr-0 -I/usr/include/openssl -DAP_FNAME="fcgi_buf.c" -prefer-pic -c fcgi_buf.c && touch fcgi_buf.slo

/bin/sh /usr/lib64/apr/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc -pthread -O2 -g -pipe -m64 -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER -DSSL_EXPERIMENTAL_ENGINE -I/usr/include/pcre -I/usr/include/httpd -I/usr/include/apr-0 -I/usr/include/openssl -DAP_FNAME="fcgi_config.c" -prefer-pic -c fcgi_config.c && touch fcgi_config.slo

fcgi_config.c: In function `fcgi_config_new_auth_server’:

fcgi_config.c:1193: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

/bin/sh /usr/lib64/apr/build/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc -pthread -O2 -g -pipe -m64 -L/usr/lib64 -o mod_fastcgi.la -rpath /usr/lib64/httpd/modules -module -avoid-version mod_fastcgi.lo fcgi_pm.lo fcgi_util.lo fcgi_protocol.lo fcgi_buf.lo fcgi_config.lo

And When I try to start up Apache with fastcgi I get the following errors in the error_log

Unable to load DBIx::SearchBuilder database handle for ‘Oracle’.

Perhaps you’ve picked an invalid database type or spelled it incorrectly.

Can’t load ‘/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so’ for module DBD::Oracle: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.

at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle/Oracle.pm line 10

Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle/Oracle.pm line 10.

BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle/Oracle.pm line 10.

Compilation failed in require at (eval 204) line 1.

BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at (eval 204) line 1.

Compilation failed in require at /opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm line 216.

[Mon Aug 13 16:54:19 2007] [warn] FastCGI: server “/opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi” (pid 9829) terminated by calling exit with status ‘2’

[Mon Aug 13 16:54:19 2007] [warn] FastCGI: server “/opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi” has failed to remain running for 30 seconds given 3 attempts, its restart interval has been backed off to 600 seconds

….

The Apache config is as follows:

NameVirtualHost <host_name>:80

<VirtualHost <host_name>:80>

ServerAdmin <admin_user>

ServerName <host_name>

DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html/

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

# Adding the following for RT (the ticket tracker)

AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi

<Directory "/opt/rt3/share/html">

Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI

AllowOverride None

</Directory>

<Location />

RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ $1/index.html

</Location>

# Pass through requests to for noauth

Alias /NoAuth/images /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images

ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

FastCgiIpcDir /tmp

FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120 -processes 4

And the Fastcgi.conf file is as follows

LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so

FastCgiConfig –restart

This RT being a 32-bit apps, do I need to make fastcgi with 32-bit libs? If so is there a simple way to do it? How about the oracle libraries should my env variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH should point to $ORACLE_HOME/lib (this is 64-bit) or should it point to $ORACLE_HOME/lib32 ( 32 bit libs)?

The AddHandler “AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi” in the virtual host section on apache config does it refer to “.fcgi” or just 'fcgi" because I noticed documentation for both.

Thanks

fosterjam@adelphia.net wrote:

Hi,

I’m trying to configure RT with fastcgi on a linux host running RHEL 4.0 Update 2 on a x86_64 server. During the make for fastcgi I get the following messages

And When I try to start up Apache with fastcgi I get the following errors in the error_log

Can’t load ‘/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so’ for module DBD::Oracle: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.

It looks like your library path isn’t set correctly before Apache starts
for it to be able to find the Oracle client libs.

Currently I set the env variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib ( this points to oracle 64-bit libs) should I be pointing to $ORACLE_HOME/lib32?

Are you referring to oracle libs or system libs at /usr/lib or /usr/lib64? In this case which one should it point to?On the make for fastcgi , is it OK for for fastcgi to build against /usr/lib64 or do I have to point to /usr/lib and re-run make, make install Thanks Patrick Morris trick@adonis.net wrote:

Hi,

It looks like your library path isn’t set correctly before Apache starts
for it to be able to find the Oracle client libs.

Does this file exist? Did you install the right DBD for your database?

at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle/Oracle.pm line 10

Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Currently I set the env variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib ( this points to oracle 64-bit libs) should I be pointing to $ORACLE_HOME/lib32?
To the lib32, if I remember correctly from my Sun/Sparc installations.

Are you referring to oracle libs or system libs at /usr/lib or /usr/lib64? In this case which one should it point to?
Oracle libs

On the make for fastcgi , is it OK for for fastcgi to build against /usr/lib64 or do I have to point to /usr/lib and re-run make, make install
I think that depends on your perl if it is 64bit then everything else
should be 64bit too, including Oracle else it should all point to 32bit
libraries.
Personally, I think it has nothing todo with it since you seem to have
made a 64bit DBD::Oracle and the error is that it can’t find it NOT that
it isn’t the correct ELF version. That is the error that I would get if
I mixed 32/64bit libraries.
Your best bet is to found out what exactly is your LD_LIBRARY_PATH when
using fastcgi. I bet it is reset somewhere along the lines.

Joop