],
rights => {
‘* -> *’ => ‘ModifyTicket’,
},

We create child tickets using createtickets, we use the following

Parents: {$Tickets{‘TOP’}->id;}
Depended-On-By: TOP

The child tickets come up in the ticket view as “Pending Ticket #xxx

All this works well, however when we resolve the child ticket (its status is set to resolved) however the “pending ticket #” is still visible, as if the child ticket is still open/active?

What are we doing wrong?

Are you saying that the subject of the child tickets is “Pending Ticket ####”?

No, the parent ticket in the main dashboard view has a column called status and in the parent ticket’s status column it shows “pending ticket#xxx”

In the child tickets column on the dashboard the child ticket is resolved

Oh it is because you have ‘resolved’ as an active status in your lifecycle config, ie:

initial  => ['new'],
active   => [qw( change migrations cancellations )],
inactive => ['resolved'],

Thank you - let me try that

A silly question we do want resolved to appear as a column in the dashbaord, can you have it as both active/inactive?

I did as you stated to the config file, however when i create a child and resolve it - it still shows that the child is pending?

Did you restart your webserver/clear your mason cache?

yes I did restart the server and clear mason cache

Can you confirm when you click the link for the " (pending ticket ###)" ticket that, that ticket is resolved?

It does not exist using the configuration you have… If the ticket is unresolved I can still resolve the parent

What doesn’t exist, the “Depends On” ticket?

yes the child doesnt appear, when I put the resolved back in active the child is there and resolved, i can resolve the parent whether or not the child is resolved

Okay if you can be more clear, this is a little confusing.

yes the child doesnt appear, when I put the resolved back in active the child is there and resolved

Does this mean it does not show up on the ticket display page under links or it just doesn’t show up under " 10 newest unowned tickets" or some other saved search, because I would expect it not to show up for that saved search if the status is resolved since resolved is not an active status.

i can resolve the parent whether or not the child is resolved

A child ticket is different than a “Depends On” ticket, your code looks like you are setting the link as “Depends on” (From the top-level tickets perspective). If you are testing with a child link and not a depends on link, child links do not restrict resolving parent tickets. Docs for links are here:

https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.4/ticket_metadata.html#Links

This is what I am using in Create Tickets

Are you able to show us with screen grabs, as i think im as confused as knation at the moment :slight_smile:

Can I message it to you privately?