Charting not working (3.6.0pre1) -- how to debug?

Could someone else who is running 3.6.0pre1 try the oddly-spaced "chart grouped by " option at the bottom of a list of tickets (for example, if you click on a queue name under “Quick Search” from the homepage)? When I do it, I get no chart: IE shows me a busted graphic symbol above a tabular list of tickets, and Firefox shows me the same tabular list with nothing above it.

I’ve searched the logs and don’t see any errors; I’ve reinstalled GD::Graph manually to be sure it’s happy, and run the samples.

I think that it’s share/html/Search/Chart that does the charting. How can I debug this? I’m trying to learn to fish here; if someone can give me a hint I promise to learn from it!

What I’d like to do is turn on tracing in that component so I can see what it’s really doing, but I don’t know how to do that.

I’ve read the Wiki page on Debug and have tried to log to disk, but that doesn’t seem to work. I have:

Set($LogToFileNamed , “rt.log”);
Set($LogToFile , ‘debug’);

In RT_SiteConfig.pm

And:
-rw-r–r-- 1 apache apache 0 Apr 19 12:16 rt.log

In /opt/rt3/var/log. I’ve restarted httpd and the file never gets updated.

…phsiii

Could someone else who is running 3.6.0pre1 try the oddly-spaced "chart grouped by " option at the bottom of a list of tickets (for example, if you click on a queue name under “Quick Search” from the homepage)? When I do it, I get no chart: IE shows me a busted graphic symbol above a tabular list of tickets, and Firefox shows me the same tabular list with nothing above it.

Right click on the image and open it in its own window?

That should get you an error. What’s it say?

I have a very strange issue. It seems when i enable apache2 to start at boot, during the boot process i get an error about PerlModule Apache::DBI that is in my vhost.conf for RT 3.4.5. However when i start apache at the command line it doesn’t throw-up all over the place and the program runs fine. I started looking on CPAN for Apache2::DBI but found nothing. Has anyone else seen this issue? Is there an Apache2::DBI i could download?

System nfo:
SuSe 9.0 Network Enterpise
RT 3.4.5
Apache2
Mod_Perl2

RT.vhost.conf

Listen 443 LoadModule apreq_module /usr/lib/apache2/mod_apreq2.so ServerName rt.newrt.dnc.org:443 DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html LogLevel debug ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/rt_error_log TransferLog /var/log/apache2/rt_access_log PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod CGI RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ $1/index.html PerlModule Apache::DBI SetHandler perl-script PerlHandler RT::Mason SSLEngine on SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl.crt/newcert.crt SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl.key/newkey.pem

<Files ~ “.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$”>
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars

<Directory “/srv/www/cgi-bin”>
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars

SetEnvIf User-Agent “.MSIE.
nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

CustomLog /var/log/apache2/rt_ssl_error_log ssl_combined

Error Msg at boot:
[Wed Apr 19 13:56:32 2006] [error] Can’t locate Apache/DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl . /srv/www) at (_eval 2) line 3.\n
[Wed Apr 19 13:56:32 2006] [error] Can’t load Perl module Apache::DBI for server rt.newrt.dnc.org:443, exiting…

Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around

I don’t have that option in IE. But looking at the source, I see:

“KnowledgeBase” is the queue name (yes, we’re moving to RTFM instead, but that’s another issue).

Does that help?

…phsiii-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 2:47 PM
To: Phil Smith III
Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Charting not working (3.6.0pre1) – how to debug?

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 02:25:53PM -0400, Phil Smith III wrote:

Right click on the image and open it in its own window?

That should get you an error. What’s it say?

What happens if you open that URL in your browser? (with
http:/my.rt.server/ first)

1. Apache::DBI works with both versions MP1 and MP2
  2. Try to comment this module at all, it’s optionalOn 4/19/06, Winn Johnston winn_johnston@yahoo.com wrote:

I have a very strange issue. It seems when i enable apache2 to start at
boot, during the boot process i get an error about PerlModule Apache::DBI
that is in my vhost.conf for RT 3.4.5. However when i start apache at the
command line it doesn’t throw-up all over the place and the program runs
fine. I started looking on CPAN for Apache2::DBI but found nothing. Has
anyone else seen this issue? Is there an Apache2::DBI i could download?

System nfo:
SuSe 9.0 Network Enterpise
RT 3.4.5
Apache2
Mod_Perl2

RT.vhost.conf

Listen 443 LoadModule apreq_module /usr/lib/apache2/mod_apreq2.so ServerName rt.newrt.dnc.org:443 DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html LogLevel debug ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/rt_error_log TransferLog /var/log/apache2/rt_access_log PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod CGI RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ $1/index.html PerlModule Apache::DBI SetHandler perl-script PerlHandler RT::Mason SSLEngine on SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl.crt/newcert.crt SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl.key/newkey.pem

<Files ~ “.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$”>
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars

<Directory “/srv/www/cgi-bin”>
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars

SetEnvIf User-Agent “.MSIE.
nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

CustomLog /var/log/apache2/rt_ssl_error_log ssl_combined

Error Msg at boot:
[Wed Apr 19 13:56:32 2006] [error] Can’t locate Apache/DBI.pm in @INC (@INC
contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/i586-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i586-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/i586-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl
. /srv/www) at (_eval 2) line 3.\n
[Wed Apr 19 13:56:32 2006] [error] Can’t load Perl module Apache::DBI for
server rt.newrt.dnc.org:443, exiting…

Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

The rt-users Archives

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

We’re hiring! Come hack Perl for Best Practical:
Careers — Best Practical Solutions

Best regards, Ruslan.