More detailed information:
This is a bit more of what I have attempted, what I think are my
possibilities and an overview of the desired end result.
I realise I can’t stop a transaction but I can’t think of (or find) a good
alternative to what I require.
I would have thought a Mandatory field meant that I couldn’t do anything
with a ticket unless it Validates. There is a big-red box under the custom
‘Input must match [Mandatory]’ but it doesn’t seem to have any effect
(most of the time).
Some options I am considering:
- Have a default value (least desirable option but simplest).
- Change when the Validation is enforced (my preference but is it
- Implement something similar to the WorkFlow wiki which would replace
what I’m trying to do (overly complicated?)
- Revert a Queue change if the field is blank
(Mentioned in WriteCustomAction wiki just after the part labeled “Let’s
talk about impossible things you don’t even want to try to do with a
- A ticket is raised in the initial queue.
- A support user takes the ticket and either fulfills the work or
- The support user should know who can sign off escalated work.
- Upon escalation the ticket needs signoff by an area manager (Unit area)
so a script creates an approval request in the appropriate signoff queue.
- The area managers need seperate queues so they can’t signoff other
I would like to make the Unit area mandatory so that when a ticket is
escalated the approval request is sent to the correct person for signoff.
Am I completely off track here?
Is there a much easier way to do what I need to do?
Any/all suggestions/ideas welcome.
I have created a Custom Field ‘Unit’ with a new RT install.
I gave it the ‘(?#Mandatory).’ validation regex and a possible list of 3
I require this field to be filled in before it changes Queue but it
like it is only checked before the ticket is resolved. I can still
Priority, change Queues, etc. the only restriction seems to be on
I checked the mailing lists and wiki but can’t find anymore information