Change ticket status without having ModifyTicket rights

hello guys!

I want to disable change queue ability for tickets, so I have to disable ModifyTicket rights. but the problem is that I want to change ticket status but I cann’t. does anybody have any idea how can I change ticket status without having ModifyTicket rights?

thanks a lot

Wow 6 years and no one replied. This week I had to do exactly what you’re asking about. No ModifyTicket rights in order to prevent queue changes. I’m on rt5. Maybe this wouldn’t work in older versions? Never tried, don’t know.

My solution defines a CustomField called HR_Ticket_Resolved, with two choices, Yes and No. Obviously the user/owner needs to have permission to edit CustomField values (ModifyCustomField), which is a separate control from ModifyTicket.

Then I wrote two scrips that detect the CustomField change. One of them resolves the ticket if the CF is changed to Yes. The other opens the ticket if it’s set to No.

I stole the brains of those scrips from this other forum posting (from 14 years ago!) which contains lots of examples to borrow from:

Hope this helps the next person who needs to do something like this.