Change Ticket Creation form for only one queue

I’ve been asked if it’s possible to change the ‘look and feel’ of the Create Ticket and Modify Ticket forms for one particular queue. Care must be taken not to change any of the forms for other queues, and only these forms must be changed.

As well as the colour and font on the forms, there needs to be some bespoke Javascript to guide the user input into certain fields, bespoke placements of fields into different sections which become active at certain points and others.

Is is possible in RT to have a bespoke ticket form for one queue? I think I can make these changes for all queues by changing Create.html, and I’ve looked into doing it with a custom theme.

I am equally happy with a ‘this isn’t possible in RT’, or a ‘this is possible, here’s a suggestion how to do it’ answer. We are using RT version 4.0.5.

Regards,

Paul

Think green - keep it on the screen.

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.

I’ve been asked if it’s possible to change the ‘look and feel’ of the Create Ticket and Modify
Ticket forms for one particular queue. Care must be taken not to change any of the forms for
other queues, and only these forms must be changed.

As well as the colour and font on the forms, there needs to be some bespoke Javascript
to guide the user input into certain fields, bespoke placements of fields into different
sections which become active at certain points and others.

Is is possible in RT to have a bespoke ticket form for one queue? I think I can make these
changes for all queues by changing Create.html, and I’ve looked into doing it with a custom
theme.

I am equally happy with a ‘this isn’t possible in RT’, or a ‘this is possible, here’s
a suggestion how to do it’ answer. We are using RT version 4.0.5.

You can do it by clobbering Create.html and adding Queue checks, but
that’ll be an upgrade nightmare.

I’d probably build my own custom form for those queues that submits
tickets into RT, and keeps all the display logic separate.

-kevin

Thanks for the reply. I now have a custom CreateAlt.html form I want RT to use instead of Create.html for one particular queue.

I can see code in share/html/Elements/CreateTicket which selects the form to use when ‘New Ticket in’ queue is triggered.

I have copied CreateTicket into local/html/Elements. I think this will make it be used rather than the original version in share. I assume I need a check in here to look at the ID of the queue and change the Create form to be used. If this is possible what would this code look like? I have made it (for now) try and use CreateAlt.html. I have my CreateAlt.html in local/html/Ticket.

Does this seem right so far? I’ve restarted my webserver (clearing my Mason cache as well) and my changes don’t appear to have any effect. The original Create.html is always used.

Is this the easiest way to do this? Would using a callback be easier? I couldn’t find the callback I need to use to change the Create.html being used.

I spoke to my collegues about a standalone form using the REST interface but this suggestion has been rejected.

Thanks,
PaulFrom: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] on behalf of Kevin Falcone [falcone@bestpractical.com]
Sent: 13 March 2012 15:29
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Change Ticket Creation form for only one queue

I’ve been asked if it’s possible to change the ‘look and feel’ of the Create Ticket and Modify
Ticket forms for one particular queue. Care must be taken not to change any of the forms for
other queues, and only these forms must be changed.

As well as the colour and font on the forms, there needs to be some bespoke Javascript
to guide the user input into certain fields, bespoke placements of fields into different
sections which become active at certain points and others.

Is is possible in RT to have a bespoke ticket form for one queue? I think I can make these
changes for all queues by changing Create.html, and I’ve looked into doing it with a custom
theme.

I am equally happy with a ‘this isn’t possible in RT’, or a ‘this is possible, here’s
a suggestion how to do it’ answer. We are using RT version 4.0.5.

You can do it by clobbering Create.html and adding Queue checks, but
that’ll be an upgrade nightmare.

I’d probably build my own custom form for those queues that submits
tickets into RT, and keeps all the display logic separate.

-kevin

Think green - keep it on the screen.

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.

What you really want is Init callback in /Ticket/Create.html. In that
callback you check queue and redirect if required.

Ruslan from phone.

написал: