Can't select user at the page Global User Rights

Hello,

I am using RT 4.0.2 and when I go to Tools -> Configuration -> Global ->
User Rights and click on an user, it seems like the page is not updated -
the name of the user doesn’t show as selected (doesn’t become bold) and the
tables with the user rights doesn’t change either. The name of the first
user in the page is always in bold though.

Note that the page at Tools -> Configuration -> Global -> Group Rights work
just fine - it gets updated correctly after I click on a different group
(and it seems to use the same script as the user rights page).

Is this a bug or maybe something wrong on my side? Please advise.

Best regards,
Aline

I am using RT 4.0.2 and when I go to Tools → Configuration → Global →
User Rights and click on an user, it seems like the page is not updated

  • the name of the user doesn’t show as selected (doesn’t become bold)
    and the tables with the user rights doesn’t change either. The name of
    the first user in the page is always in bold though.
    [snip]

Is this a bug or maybe something wrong on my side? Please advise.

I can’t reproduce this on 4.0.2 locally. What browser are you using and
do you see any javascript errors in the browser’s error console?

Thomas

I am using Firefox 4.0.1 on Windows XP.

The only error I see is:
[12:27:34.404] uncaught exception: jQuery UI Tabs: Mismatching fragment
identifier.

Best regards,
AlineOn Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Thomas Sibley trs@bestpractical.comwrote:

On 10/12/2011 11:12 AM, Aline Guedes wrote:

I am using RT 4.0.2 and when I go to Tools → Configuration → Global →
User Rights and click on an user, it seems like the page is not updated

  • the name of the user doesn’t show as selected (doesn’t become bold)
    and the tables with the user rights doesn’t change either. The name of
    the first user in the page is always in bold though.

[snip]

Is this a bug or maybe something wrong on my side? Please advise.

I can’t reproduce this on 4.0.2 locally. What browser are you using and do
you see any javascript errors in the browser’s error console?

Thomas

RT Training Sessions (http://bestpractical.com/**services/training.htmlhttp://bestpractical.com/services/training.html
)

  • San Francisco, CA, USA October 18 & 19, 2011
  • Washington DC, USA October 31 & November 1, 2011
  • Barcelona, Spain November 28 & 29, 2011

I am using Firefox 4.0.1 on Windows XP.

The only error I see is:
[12:27:34.404] uncaught exception: jQuery UI Tabs: Mismatching fragment
identifier.

Would you be able to save that page and send it to us? If you want, you
can send it off-list, directly to me.

Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Follows the pages attached.

I meant the source of the page, not screenshots.

I think it is worth mentioning that there are a some customizations on
my site (including interface/css changes). I am also migrating from rt
3.4.4 to 4.0.2. Let me know in case you think any of these changes could
also be causing this problem.

Can you show us your local customizations?

Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Sorry, sending the page sources.

Your UserRights.html is completely missing all the panels for the user
rights. I’m not sure how that happened, especially since you do have
the “add a user” panels that are generated afterwards. Can you send
the Configuration → Tools → System Configuration page?

What are the results of running this SQL query against the RT database?

select a.* from ACL a join CachedGroupMembers cgm on
cgm.GroupId=a.PrincipalId where a.PrincipalType=‘Group’ and
cgm.MemberId=15920;

Check the RT error logs as well and see what’s there.

Thomas

Hello Thomas,

Follows the configuration page attached. The query you asked me to run
gives me 233 rows as output (attached). Both rt and apache logs don’t
show any errors.

Ah ha. I identified a bug in RT::Extension::MergeUsers that was causing
your problem. Version 0.06 of that extension was just released with a
fix. You’ll be able to download it from CPAN soon:

Let the list know if this fixes your problem as expected. Thank you for
all the helpful debugging info that aided in finding the bug.

Best,
Thomas

Hello Thomas,

You were right! Upgrading RT::Extension:MergeUsers fixed the problem. Thanks
a lot for your help on getting this problem solved.

Best regards,
AlineOn Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 4:38 PM, Thomas Sibley trs@bestpractical.comwrote:

On 10/17/2011 11:09 AM, Aline Guedes wrote:

Hello Thomas,

Follows the configuration page attached. The query you asked me to run
gives me 233 rows as output (attached). Both rt and apache logs don’t
show any errors.

Ah ha. I identified a bug in RT::Extension::MergeUsers that was causing
your problem. Version 0.06 of that extension was just released with a fix.
You’ll be able to download it from CPAN soon:
https://metacpan.org/module/**RT::Extension::MergeUsershttps://metacpan.org/module/RT::Extension::MergeUsers

Let the list know if this fixes your problem as expected. Thank you for
all the helpful debugging info that aided in finding the bug.

Best,
Thomas