Bug when merging tickets

Hi Jesse/all

I think I’ve found a bug in RT207.

Let me explain the behaviour:
I ran the rt2stats script from Teo on my rt2 (mySQL) database.
Everything seems to be fine except the ‘Minimum time:’ and the ‘Average
time:’ for the ‘Whole Database’. There are negative values of millions
of seconds!

Ok, I digged in to the rt2stats script, tying to find out where these
values are coming from. Later, I recognized that there are rows in the
’Tickets’ table of already resolved tickets that have a ‘NULL’ value
instead of a timestamp. I found out that this was only the case for
merged tickets. See the sql dump below:

mysql> SELECT id,EffectiveId,Started,Resolved FROM Tickets WHERE
IFNULL(Resolved,1)=1 and id!=EffectiveId;
| id | EffectiveId | Started | Resolved |
| 65 | 61 | 2001-08-21 09:58:28 | NULL |
| 84 | 79 | NULL | NULL |
| 120 | 118 | NULL | NULL |
| 121 | 118 | NULL | NULL |
| 123 | 124 | NULL | NULL |
| 163 | 79 | 2001-09-06 11:57:11 | NULL |
| 191 | 79 | NULL | NULL |
| 225 | 219 | NULL | NULL |
| 307 | 76 | NULL | NULL |
| 315 | 314 | NULL | NULL |
10 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SELECT id,EffectiveId,Started,Resolved FROM Tickets WHERE id=‘61’;
| id | EffectiveId | Started | Resolved |
| 61 | 61 | 2001-08-17 08:42:53 | 2001-09-18 15:28:29 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SELECT id,EffectiveId,Started,Resolved FROM Tickets WHERE id=‘65’;
| id | EffectiveId | Started | Resolved |
| 65 | 61 | 2001-08-21 09:58:28 | NULL |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I updated the id 65:

mysql> UPDATE Tickets SET Resolved=‘2001-09-18 15:28:29’ WHERE id=65;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 1 Changed: 1 Warnings: 0

mysql> SELECT id,EffectiveId,Started,Resolved FROM Tickets WHERE id=‘65’;
| id | EffectiveId | Started | Resolved |
| 65 | 61 | 2001-08-21 09:58:28 | 2001-09-18 15:28:29 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

After updateing all 10 tickets, I ran the rt2stats script again and it
produces the output I wished :wink:

Ahm - to make a long story short: please update the ‘Resolved’ field of
the merged ticket if the effective ticket gets the status resolved.

have fun,

-andreas

If the stats script is looking at tickets that have been merged into
other tickets, that’s a bug in the stats script.

JesseOn Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 09:10:00AM +0200, Andreas Kruthoff wrote:

Hi Jesse/all

I think I’ve found a bug in RT207.

Let me explain the behaviour:
I ran the rt2stats script from Teo on my rt2 (mySQL) database.
Everything seems to be fine except the ‘Minimum time:’ and the ‘Average
time:’ for the ‘Whole Database’. There are negative values of millions
of seconds!

Ok, I digged in to the rt2stats script, tying to find out where these
values are coming from. Later, I recognized that there are rows in the
’Tickets’ table of already resolved tickets that have a ‘NULL’ value
instead of a timestamp. I found out that this was only the case for
merged tickets. See the sql dump below:

mysql> SELECT id,EffectiveId,Started,Resolved FROM Tickets WHERE
IFNULL(Resolved,1)=1 and id!=EffectiveId;
±----±------------±--------------------±---------+
| id | EffectiveId | Started | Resolved |
±----±------------±--------------------±---------+
| 65 | 61 | 2001-08-21 09:58:28 | NULL |
| 84 | 79 | NULL | NULL |
| 120 | 118 | NULL | NULL |
| 121 | 118 | NULL | NULL |
| 123 | 124 | NULL | NULL |
| 163 | 79 | 2001-09-06 11:57:11 | NULL |
| 191 | 79 | NULL | NULL |
| 225 | 219 | NULL | NULL |
| 307 | 76 | NULL | NULL |
| 315 | 314 | NULL | NULL |
±----±------------±--------------------±---------+
10 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SELECT id,EffectiveId,Started,Resolved FROM Tickets WHERE id=‘61’;
±—±------------±--------------------±--------------------+
| id | EffectiveId | Started | Resolved |
±—±------------±--------------------±--------------------+
| 61 | 61 | 2001-08-17 08:42:53 | 2001-09-18 15:28:29 |
±—±------------±--------------------±--------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SELECT id,EffectiveId,Started,Resolved FROM Tickets WHERE id=‘65’;
±—±------------±--------------------±---------+
| id | EffectiveId | Started | Resolved |
±—±------------±--------------------±---------+
| 65 | 61 | 2001-08-21 09:58:28 | NULL |
±—±------------±--------------------±---------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I updated the id 65:

mysql> UPDATE Tickets SET Resolved=‘2001-09-18 15:28:29’ WHERE id=65;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 1 Changed: 1 Warnings: 0

mysql> SELECT id,EffectiveId,Started,Resolved FROM Tickets WHERE id=‘65’;
±—±------------±--------------------±--------------------+
| id | EffectiveId | Started | Resolved |
±—±------------±--------------------±--------------------+
| 65 | 61 | 2001-08-21 09:58:28 | 2001-09-18 15:28:29 |
±—±------------±--------------------±--------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

After updateing all 10 tickets, I ran the rt2stats script again and it
produces the output I wished :wink:

Ahm - to make a long story short: please update the ‘Resolved’ field of
the merged ticket if the effective ticket gets the status resolved.

have fun,

-andreas


rt-users mailing list
rt-users@lists.fsck.com
http://lists.fsck.com/mailman/listinfo/rt-users

http://www.bestpractical.com/products/rt – Trouble Ticketing. Free.