I’m recording people’s department information as a ticket customfield
from LDAP every time they create or update a new ticket (Like in the RT
Now I need to update that custom field for all of the old tickets.
Any suggestions on the best way to do this?
CLI - doesn’t seem to support custom fields (yet).
Make a dummy custom scrip and trigger it
- (e.g.Scrip says: if transaction changes priority to 10 run update
- Use Query Builder to find all tickets (or do them in smaller batches)
- Click “update multiple tickets”, set priority to 10
- The transaction should kickoff scrip and update dept for everyone (and
maybe crash my server).
- Multiple manual “Query Builder” search and update
- Dump ticket requestors (using Query Builder and save results to
- run a ldapsearch query to return needed info
- sort results of query and run 1 Query Builder/Update multiple for each
- Custom perl script using API that can do a search, ldap query, and
- I’d love to see a basic example using the API to search and update
tickets (that is aware of custom fields).
- Something else?
UC Berkeley Extension