Autoreply email addresses excluded on create

I have been using RT a little over a year and have multiple systems that automatically create tickets but I don’t want these tickets to autoreply to the creation of the tickets. I Have looked at several examples from the wiki examples and none of them seem to work. Here are a few examples I have tried. I put each of them in scrip #3 On Create Autoreply in the custom condition field. No matter which code I use an autoreply is generated. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
#1 example
if $self->TicketObj->RequestorAddresses =~ /userid@domain.com/i){
return 0;
}
else{
return 1;
}

I have tried return 0 and undef.

#2 example
my @exceptionList = (‘joe@goblow.com’,
‘fred@quarry.com’,
‘scooby@mysterymachine.com’);

my $transactionType = $self->TransactionObj->Type;
my $ticketRequestor = lc($self->TicketObj->RequestorAddresses);

if ($transactionType eq ‘Create’) {
return if grep { $ticketRequestor eq lc($_) } @exceptionList;
return 1;
}
return;

I have been using RT a little over a year and have multiple systems that automatically create
tickets but I don’t want these tickets to autoreply to the creation of the tickets. I Have
looked at several examples from the wiki examples and none of them seem to work. Here are a
few examples I have tried. I put each of them in scrip #3 On Create Autoreply in the custom
condition field. No matter which code I use an autoreply is generated. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Are you changing the condition from On Create to User Defined?

Also, you can always go edit the user account and leave the Username
set to userid@domain.com but blank their email address out and RT will
never send them email.

-kevin

Kevin,
Changing the condition to User Defined was what I was missing. Thanks.From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Falcone
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 8:18 PM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Autoreply email addresses excluded on create

I have been using RT a little over a year and have multiple systems that automatically create
tickets but I don’t want these tickets to autoreply to the creation of the tickets. I Have
looked at several examples from the wiki examples and none of them seem to work. Here are a
few examples I have tried. I put each of them in scrip #3 On Create Autoreply in the custom
condition field. No matter which code I use an autoreply is generated. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Are you changing the condition from On Create to User Defined?

Also, you can always go edit the user account and leave the Username set to userid@domain.com but blank their email address out and RT will never send them email.

-kevin

#1 example

if $self->TicketObj->RequestorAddresses =~ /userid@domain.com/i){

return 0;

}

else{

return 1;

}

I have tried return 0 and undef.

#2 example

my @exceptionList = (‘joe@goblow.com’,

'fred@quarry.com',