Auth

I have RT authenticating users against a LDAP database. That is working just fine right now. However, I have the need to be able to authenticate users that are not listed in this LDAP database. I would like to be able to create users that are ‘internal’ to RT and be able to administer these users via the RT system. Currently, RT is not allowing me to create internal users, it checks my external LDAP database and does not find the user and refuses to go further.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible? If so, hints as to what needs to be done to accomplish the authentication that I am looking for.

Thanks

Kurt Engle
Eugene 4J Schools

I have RT authenticating users against a LDAP database. That is working just fine right now.
However, I have the need to be able to authenticate users that are not listed in this LDAP
database. I would like to be able to create users that are ‘internal’ to RT and be able to
administer these users via the RT system. Currently, RT is not allowing me to create internal
users, it checks my external LDAP database and does not find the user and refuses to go
further.
Can anyone tell me if this is possible? If so, hints as to what needs to be done to accomplish
the authentication that I am looking for.

Please check the list archives. This comes up twice a week and there
is a config setting for it (assuming you’re using
RT-Authen-ExternalAuth)

-kevin