Attachments showing content within ticket

I was just informed by one of our users that csv attachments to tickets are also displaying the ticket content within the body of the ticket text. Not sure why this is suddenly happening, but it used to just show up within the ticket as an attachment and not display the file contents. I’ve restarted apache services, but same behaviour. Any way to prevent this?

The downloaded CSV file has some data that isn’t expected?

no…just a standard plain text file.

I don’t totally follow this bit, but

but it used to just show up within the ticket as an attachment and not display the file contents

Sounds like the file is larger than the MaxInlineBody config

So when I look in the main config, it is set to 0 which by my understanding would try to display content inline. The default is supposed to be 25K, and we have no record of this value ever being changed. I changed this value within my preferences to what is supposedly the default of 25K, tested with another ticket using a csv attachment, and the contents were still displayed. Only noticeable difference is it appends the following “” to the start of whatever is in the file.

And in answer to your question, yes. A csv attachment would show up as such:

Now csv attachments show up as this:

Are we sure gradebook.csv is a plaintext CSV or maybe it is some kind of other file like excel and not labeled as such?

Hi Kyle

And in answer to your question, yes. A csv attachment would show up as such:

I saw this in the past on our RT.
I think it depends on the MIME type associated with the CSV file. If it’s plain/text and it isn’t bigger than the MaxInlineBody, then it will be shown inline in the ticket.

Hope this helps
Cris

1 Like

We are also experiencing the same issue with our RT 5.0.2. I have verified that the CSV file we attached has the correct MIME type (text/csv) and falls below the default value MaxInlineBody of 25.6k (file is 3.6k). We are at a loss on what could be causing RT to display the file contents in the message body. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.