Apache not fetching changes after Clearing Mason Cache

Ok…I am running on Ubuntu Server 11.04 with RT4.0.2.

Anyway, I cleared the mason cache (located at /opt/rt4/var/mason_data/obj/). I have sudo su so that I can get a better look at the directory structure of mason_data and realize, after clearing it, it creates a marker, fine, I assume that is normal. Once apache is restarted it gathers what is served out to the web interface for standard and the callbacks, as well as some other things. I notice there are changes in both the /opt/rt4/share/html/Elements directory, specifically the Tabs file, AS WELL AS both of my current Callbacks, which work now, because somehow I got it when mason decided to grab a fresh copy, but these changes are NOT reflected in the new mason_data directory object files. I thought I had found this solution, for the Callbacks anyway, by running chown root:www-data recursively on the Callbacks folder, but this actually isn’t the full fix. I got lucky, apparently. I haven’t a clue where mason is pulling the OLD data. Please assist. I know I ask a lot from you guys out there, but this is driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance,
Izz

Izz Abdullah
Network & Systems Engineer
Hibbett Sporting Goods, Inc.

Anybody? I would greatly appreciate some help. Acknowledgement from the bp team would be nice on my inquiries.From: rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com [mailto:rt-users-bounces@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Izz Abdullah
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:56 AM
To: ‘rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com’
Subject: [rt-users] Apache not fetching changes after Clearing Mason Cache

Ok…I am running on Ubuntu Server 11.04 with RT4.0.2.

Anyway, I cleared the mason cache (located at /opt/rt4/var/mason_data/obj/). I have sudo su so that I can get a better look at the directory structure of mason_data and realize, after clearing it, it creates a marker, fine, I assume that is normal. Once apache is restarted it gathers what is served out to the web interface for standard and the callbacks, as well as some other things. I notice there are changes in both the /opt/rt4/share/html/Elements directory, specifically the Tabs file, AS WELL AS both of my current Callbacks, which work now, because somehow I got it when mason decided to grab a fresh copy, but these changes are NOT reflected in the new mason_data directory object files. I thought I had found this solution, for the Callbacks anyway, by running chown root:www-data recursively on the Callbacks folder, but this actually isn’t the full fix. I got lucky, apparently. I haven’t a clue where mason is pulling the OLD data. Please assist. I know I ask a lot from you guys out there, but this is driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance,
Izz

Izz Abdullah
Network & Systems Engineer
Hibbett Sporting Goods, Inc.

Anybody? I would greatly appreciate some help. Acknowledgement from the bp team would be nice on my inquiries.

Hi Izz,

rt-users is very much a community mailinglist. While my coworkers at Best
Practical try to take time out from their customer commitments to interact
on the list, I’m afraid that we can’t reply to every post to the list.
We’re thrilled to give away RT, RTIR and the many other tools we build,
but commercial support contracts are how we earn our living. We can’t
give away support too.

If you’re interested in a guaranteed response from the team at Best Practical,
drop a note to sales@bestpractical.com and we can help figure out which of
our support offerings might be a good fit for you.

Best,
Jesse