Another little problem

I doubt thisone is as easy to catch…

Sometimes we get the “Internal Server Error” message from Apache.
This has happened for a whole month now, and no perl or module
upgrades has solved/altered this problem.

We currently use:
rt 3.0.10
perl 5.8.3
Apache2 w/FastCGI

This is a copy of what happens once in a while in the maillog:
http://mirror.circlestorm.org/tmp.mail.log

This is a copy of what happens in the apache log around the
same time:
http://mirror.circlestorm.org/tmp.log

Note that this not only happens when we browse the rt3 pages,
but also for the incoming tickets via mail.

-HK

We got this when we got lot of mails at the same time.
sendmail option
HoldExpensive=True
helped us.

Hans K wrote:

could this maybe be related to sending in email messages larger than the
mysql max_packet?On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 04:07:52PM +0200, Hans K wrote:

I doubt thisone is as easy to catch…

Sometimes we get the “Internal Server Error” message from Apache.
This has happened for a whole month now, and no perl or module
upgrades has solved/altered this problem.

We currently use:
rt 3.0.10
perl 5.8.3
Apache2 w/FastCGI

This is a copy of what happens once in a while in the maillog:
http://mirror.circlestorm.org/tmp.mail.log

This is a copy of what happens in the apache log around the
same time:
http://mirror.circlestorm.org/tmp.log

Note that this not only happens when we browse the rt3 pages,
but also for the incoming tickets via mail.

-HK


Rt-devel mailing list
Rt-devel@lists.bestpractical.com
The rt-devel Archives

Should not be, since it seems to happen on random pages aswell.
I have managed to get it both when doing a standard ticket search
aswell as when opening the screen to enter a comment about a ticket.

I don’t think those would be affected by either the mysql max_packet
or the sendmail holdexpensive parameters. Any more ideas?

-HK

Hans K. Rosbach wrote:

Should not be, since it seems to happen on random pages aswell.
I have managed to get it both when doing a standard ticket search
aswell as when opening the screen to enter a comment about a ticket.

I don’t think those would be affected by either the mysql max_packet
or the sendmail holdexpensive parameters. Any more ideas?
As I see from logs ‘MySQL server has gone away’
Can it be that you have out of memory and OOMkiller kill mysql?
I saw this situation once.

As I see from logs ‘MySQL server has gone away’
Can it be that you have out of memory and OOMkiller kill mysql?
I saw this situation once.

Nope, 75% free memory and 100% free swap at the time of error.

Can’t see that anything has happened with mysql itself…
Also, mysql would not restart if killed (unless it’s a worker process).

No problems with the sql server when using php. There is a steady
load of php traffic to the mysql server, and I’ve heard about no
problems with it for weeks. (People here complain at once)

-=Dead2=-

Hans K wrote:

Sometimes we get the “Internal Server Error” message from Apache.
This has happened for a whole month now, and no perl or module
upgrades has solved/altered this problem.

This is a copy of what happens once in a while in the maillog:
http://mirror.circlestorm.org/tmp.mail.log

which contains the following:

The RT server which handled your email did not behave as expected. It
said:
DBD driver has not implemented the AutoCommit attribute at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line
612.

Are your DBI, DBD and DBIx::SearchBuilder modules all up to date?

The RT server which handled your email did not behave as expected. It
said:
DBD driver has not implemented the AutoCommit attribute at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line
612.

Are your DBI, DBD and DBIx::SearchBuilder modules all up to date?

Well, I just deleted all perl 5.8.0 related files, including old
modules. Then I installed all missing modules from CPAN again using
5.8.3. I don’t know how to actually check version numbers, but CPAN says
all are up to date.

Now i get:
DBD driver has not implemented the AutoCommit attribute at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 612.

This also results in some mails never getting delivered properly. The
message appears in RT, but the mailserver gets an error. This results in
LOTS of new tickets with auto-replies.

I have no idea what is going wrong. But from what I can see on one of
the messages is that it is sent from Outlook and includes an .bmp image.

But, could somebody look at the line in question in SearchBuilder, and
tell me wether that line is always run or only in rare cases. Because
everything works with the exception of certail mails it crashes on and
some rare crashes when browsing the pages.
If that line is only run on rare occations, then yes… maybe something
is wrong with my DBD driver. But it works for the most part, and is of
newest version according to CPAN…

-HK