A solution found for my RT 3.8.1 slowness

All,

Just thought I would pass along something that worked for me to solve
some of my RT 3.8.1 slowness.

Everything worked fine for me until I clicked “Tickets” - I had the 10-15 second slowness to load the ticket search page.
I had upgraded from 3.6.4 to 3.8.1 (new install of RT, import database.)

I tried every suggestion I could find on the net, every mysql tweak I could find, and nothing worked.

On a whim, I brought up mysql administrator, clicked the rt3 database, highlighted all the tables, clicked maintanence, then clicked “Optimize tables” - which rebuilds the indexes etc… And guess what? for once something did what it said it would! optimize! :slight_smile:

Now the search page loads just as quickly as every other page. Hope this helps someone.

For some reason I was a little worried about doing this before I read
your email. I have done that as well and my 3.6.5 install runs alot
faster.
Thanks!On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 7:36 AM, Sean stroke_of_death@yahoo.com wrote:

All,

Just thought I would pass along something that worked for me to solve
some of my RT 3.8.1 slowness.

Everything worked fine for me until I clicked “Tickets” - I had the 10-15 second slowness to load the ticket search page.
I had upgraded from 3.6.4 to 3.8.1 (new install of RT, import database.)

I tried every suggestion I could find on the net, every mysql tweak I could find, and nothing worked.

On a whim, I brought up mysql administrator, clicked the rt3 database, highlighted all the tables, clicked maintanence, then clicked “Optimize tables” - which rebuilds the indexes etc… And guess what? for once something did what it said it would! optimize! :slight_smile:

Now the search page loads just as quickly as every other page. Hope this helps someone.

The rt-users Archives

Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
Commercial support: sales@bestpractical.com

Discover RT’s hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O’Reilly Media.
Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com