3.8.9 broke RT::Authen::ExternalAuth?

I’ve updated a test server to RT 3.8.9 from 3.8.8, and it doesn’t seem to be authenticating LDAP users any more (ExternalAuth version is 0.08). I switched on debugging, and get this in my logs:

[Thu Feb 17 21:35:23 2011] [debug]: given_pass undefined (/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:37)
[Thu Feb 17 21:35:23 2011] [debug]: Attempting to use external auth service: ldap.internal.sanger.ac.uk (/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:71)
[Thu Feb 17 21:35:23 2011] [debug]: SSO Failed and no user to test with. Nexting (/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:99)

So it seems that while the Auth callback is indeed being called from HandleRequest in RT::Interface::Web, it isn’t being called with the arguments from the HTTP request - something’s clearing them out. I tried adding a few extra debug statements to that HandleRequest, and it appears that HandleRequest is called a couple of times for each login attempt. On the first call, the user and pass parameters are passed in, but the Auth callback is never called. On the second call, the parameters are missing, and the callback is called.

Has anyone else had a go at RT 3.8.9 with RT::Authen::ExternalAuth? Is it just my setup that isn’t working or is it a more widespread problem?

I find myself wondering whether it’s fallout from the changes to prevent the back button authentication issue…

Tim

The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research
Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a
company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered
office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.

I’ve updated a test server to RT 3.8.9 from 3.8.8, and it doesn’t seem to be authenticating LDAP users any more (ExternalAuth version is 0.08). I switched on debugging, and get this in my logs:

Unfortunately, you are correct. It appears that no site running
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth actually tested any of the release candidates.

RT::Authen::ExternalAuth isn’t something we built (and isn’t typically
tested by us), though we know it’s important to many RT users.

We’re looking into it and hope to have a fix for ExternalAuth “soon”

Best,
Jesse

There is a 0.08_01 on CPAN now, and I expect there will be a 0.08_02
soon to fix a bug that another developer noticed (but not until
tomorrow at the earliest).

If you’re using 3.8.9 and having troubles with RT-Authen-ExternalAuth
it would be helpful for folks to test.

-kevin

There is a 0.08_01 on CPAN now, and I expect there will be a 0.08_02
soon to fix a bug that another developer noticed (but not until
tomorrow at the earliest).

If you’re using 3.8.9 and having troubles with RT-Authen-ExternalAuth
it would be helpful for folks to test.

It looks good on my test box. I will ask my colleagues to check as well.

Regards,

Tim